If you are interested in opening your home and providing socialization and love to a shelter animal, fostering might be for you! Time commitments range from just a weekend, to a few weeks and possibly even several months, depending on your availability and interests. To view upcoming foster orientation dates, visit the Austin Animal Center calendar of programs and events.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Foster Care Manual.
- Access e-mail regularly and provide transportation to and from AAC.
- Provide some food and supplies for foster pets.
- Have up-to-date rabies vaccinations for all animals living in your home.
If you are an existing foster parent or want to learn more about the foster program, you can view and print the complete Foster Care Manual.
Foster Program NeedsFoster Availability:
Age & Size:
- Long-term (14+Days)
- Cat (Over 6 Months) 🐈
- Kitten (1-6 Months) 🐱
- Large Dog (Over 6 Months) 🐺
- Medium Dog (Over 6 Months) 🐩
- Neonate (0-1 Month) 🧸
- Puppy (1-6 Months) 🐶
- Small Dog (Over 6 Months) 🐕
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.: 11:00 am - 7:00 pmMon11:00 am - 7:00 pmTue11:00 am - 7:00 pmWed11:00 am - 7:00 pmThu11:00 am - 7:00 pmFri11:00 am - 7:00 pmSat11:00 am - 7:00 pmSun11:00 am - 7:00 pmPhone: 3-1-1