1. The first step is to read over the Foster Handbook 10.19
2. Once you read the handbook please fill out our Foster Application Here. OR If you’re interested in fostering durning the holidays During Operation Silent Night, fill out the OSN Foster Application Here.
3. Once we receive your application we’ll contact you asking which animals you are interested in fostering, and what your availability is. At this time we do not offer short term fosters so please expect that once we find the right foster for you, you will have the foster until they are adopted unless we make other arrangements. The average length of time spent in foster is two months, but some animals need longer.
4. After we receive your application and your email, the next step requires patience. We look to partner each animal into the best home, and sometimes that requires time. By volume, the most common animal we take into our care are kittens, adult dogs, then cats, then puppies. However, while every puppy and kitten needs a foster, not every adult dog or cat does as they may get adopted very quickly here in the shelter.
3. Once we have the perfect foster fit, we will contact you and set up a time to have you come into the shelter to pickup all the supplies needed to care for the animal, we’ll have you sign the Foster Agreement, and we’ll update you on all the knowledge we have about that pet.
4. Take you foster pet home and love them.Video:
Foster Program NeedsFoster Availability:
Age & Size:
- Long-term (14+Days)
- Cat (Over 6 Months) 🐈
- Kitten (1-6 Months) 🐱
- Large Dog (Over 6 Months) 🐺
- Medium Dog (Over 6 Months) 🐩
- Puppy (1-6 Months) 🐶
- Small Dog (Over 6 Months) 🐕
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.: ClosedMonClosedTue4:00 pm - 8:00 pmWed4:00 pm - 8:00 pmThu4:00 pm - 8:00 pmFri4:00 pm - 7:00 pmSatClosedSunClosedPhone: 804-379-0046